Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

 

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights the book you're looking forward to most.

I don't know about the other people who participate in this mean, but I found it extremely difficult to choose just one book. I eventually ended up with Dark Triumph by R. L. La Fevers for several reasons. This is the second book in The His Fair Assassin Series. I read the first book a few months ago and it was fantastic. It made my top 25 books of this year for sure. The main reason I liked it was because the main character was one of the toughest heroines I'd ever read about. She was an assassin raised by nuns. What could be better? I'm even more fascinated by this book because the main character sounds just as tough, if not tougher. It also doesn't hurt that R. L. La Fever is an epic writer. I never get bored reading her words.

Sybella arrives at the convent’s doorstep half mad with grief and despair. Those that serve Death are only too happy to offer her refuge—but at a price. Naturally skilled in both the arts of death and seduction, the convent views Sybella as one of their most dangerous weapons.

But those assassin’s skills are little comfort when the convent returns her to a life that nearly drove her mad. Her father’s rage and brutality are terrifying, and her brother’s love is equally monstrous. And while Sybella is a weapon of justice wrought by the god of Death himself, He must give her a reason to live. When she discovers an unexpected ally imprisoned in the dungeons, will a daughter of Death find something other than vengeance to live for?

This heart-pounding sequel to Grave Mercy serves betrayal, treachery, and danger in equal measure, bringing readers back to fifteenth century Brittany and will keep them on the edge of their seats.


Doesn't that just sound simply perfect? I'm eagerly anticipating this book and can't wait to read it.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the first book in the series yet but I heard it was good. I'll read it if I get the chance to. I hope you enjoy reading Dark Triumph though. It sounds pretty interesting. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments!!! It helps let me know that people actually do read my blog. I will reply to all comments, so check back if you would like to see my reply. Thank you for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...