Monday, December 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted on The Broke and Bookish about the top ten of almost anything book related. I thought it was a great idea and decided to join in on the fun!
 
Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me

 
1) Insurgent by Veronica Roth: I know this book came out a long time ago, but I still have it on hold at the library. It is the second book in a thrilling dystopian series. I need to read this!


2) The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin: I recently read the sirst book in the series and loved it. It was really unique and left me yearning for more after a cliffhanger. It was unlike anything I've ever read and I'm desperate to read this book.



3) Reached by Ally Condie: Reached is the series finale to a dystopian trilogy I love. It is about a girl fighting for what/ who you believe in and becoming her own person. I have it on hold at the library so hopefully Santa brings it to me quick.


4) Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter: I want to read this book so much because not only is the author a great writer, but the story appeals to me. It's about a seemingly normal teenage girl fighting zombies. Need I say more?


5) We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han: This is the finale to a cute contemporary summer trilogy. I read the first books and they were amazing, so I have to get my hands on this one. Soon. ;)


6) My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick: This book looks like another cute contemporary that I'd love to read for fun. It's also a summer story. I love to curl up and read summer novels on a cold winter day because they helps warm me up. They also help me forget about school for a while, which is always a good thing.

7) Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Geir: This is the second book in The Ruby Red Trilogy. I read the first book and it astounded me. It was unique, had good writing, and kept me on the edge of my seat. It's about time travelers, good- versus evil, and action with some romance.


8) The Diviners by Libba Bray: I've heard so many good things about this book which makes me extremely excited for it. It has paranormal aspects, a good mystery, and actionOooh, it sounds great! Santa bring it to me please.


9) Shadows by Ilsa Bick: This is the second book in a series about an apocalypse. The heroine is a strong character who, despite having her heart pulled in different directions, is just trying to do the right thing. She fights for the people she loves. It's just a touching story and I want more.

 10) Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick: This is the finale to an addictive series about fallen angels. The main character has become such a strong heroine. She started out as a normal teenager and became this amazing person that I find myself looking up to. I am eager to read more about Nora and Patch, although I'll be sad to see the series end.

So Santa like the title says, I'd love it if you brought me these books! It would make me this happy.

Yes, that is Elena from Vampire Diaries. Gotta love that show.
 
Anyway, what is on your Christmas list? And what do you think of mine?


18 comments:

  1. Reached is great! You will love when you read! :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your lists! We have such similar taste. Insurgent is so fun, Evolution is just as great as Unbecoming but quite a bit more creepy and Reached was my favorite in the Matched series! I hope you get to read them soon :)

    marissa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get The Diviners and the Evolution as soon as you can!! They're so, so good. I still have to read Insurgent, too, and I don't even have the library excuse, since I bought it a few months ago. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive ben meaning to read the Summer series. I hope you get some or all of these books! Feel free to come by and view My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Alice in Zombieland a few months ago, it wasn't my favourite book, but it's pretty decent.

    Hope you get it for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read Insurgent, it's been sitting on my shelf for months! I'm looking forward to The Evolution of Mara Dyer too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! Insurgent was good. I have yet to read the first books in the Mara Dyer series and Matched series!

    My TTT post

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list :D I couldn't get into Alice in Zombieland, though... hahaha... it would have been nice but I gave it up 30% in. =)) The Diviners is absolutely amazing though! <3

    Here's my TTT. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome picks. MOST of those are on my TBR list. In fact, Divergent is what I asked for on my Santa list because I haven't started the series yet. :D My TTTs are at LKHill and Musings on Fantasia. Happy Tuesday! :D (Now following you via GFC, btw.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! A few of these are on my own as well.

    New follower via GFC.

    Check out my TTT




    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want "The Diviners", too! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm reading The Diviners right now and it's fantastic! Great picks!
    Hope you get everything on your list this year! :)
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your wishlist! I have some of them on my tbr list and they all look great. I'm reading The Diviners by Libba Bray right now and it's really good. I hope you get it!
    Come see my Top10 Wishlist!

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your wish list is awesome! I hope you get The Diviners (I loved my signed copy and will definitely read it many times) and My Life Next Door. I have Finale and Shadows at home right now from the library and hope to get to them soon. I need Sapphire Blue too. I have read it, but need to own it. I hope you get all your lovely presents! Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-1jF

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahah- I watching Season Two of TVD as I comment right now. Very dramatic. You have SO many fantastic books on your list. We'll Always Have Summer, My life Next Door, The Evolution of Mara Dyer. All so great. I hope you get to read them soon.

    Happy Reading,

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list! I really need to read the second Mara Dyer book myself. Hope you get lots of books for Christmas!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey there! You were right - we really do have similar taste in books!I really loved Insurgent and Sapphire Blue (that one is just so...I love it!) and I already have Ashes, Shadows, Reached and The Diviners on my shelf - they all sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVED Reached, definitely one of my favorites. You'll love it. Great ending. :)

    Morgan @Remembered Deservedly

    My TTT:
    http://deservedly.wordpress.com/2012/12/04/top-10-books-i-wouldnt-mind-santa-bringing/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments!!! It helps let me know that people actually do read my blog. I will reply to all comments, so check back if you would like to see my reply. Thank you for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...