Saturday, June 15, 2013

Siege & Storm by Leigh Bardugo


Title: Siege And Storm
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Publisher: Henry Colt
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 435
Release Date: June 4,  2013

"Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land. She finds starting new is not easy while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. She can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought 
would guide her–or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm."- Goodreads Summary



Guys... I honestly can't even begin to describe how I felt after I closed this book for the last time. I have three other books sitting on my shelf waiting to be read but I keep wondering "How am I going to enjoy these books after Siege And Storm?" Because Siege And Storm was that good. I have no idea how the books I'm going to read next will be able to live up to the standards Siege & Storm set. 



If you guys read Shadow And Bone and loved it, then you are in for a treat because Siege tops Shadow by a mile. Not only does it retain the best characters from Shadow, but it also introduces a couple new characters that are just as amazing. However, one in particular is a new favorite of mine.

Sturmhond. Snarky but kind and just as ambitious as the Darkling, 
Sturmhond is one heck of a character. He is very mysterious yet I still felt like I got to know him. He's the Darkling minus the whole evil factor. I need to see more of him in the next book.


We get to know Mal a lot better in this book and I have to say, I am not at all disappointed. Despite the other potential romances, he and Alina are perfect together. Their history with each other is so cute and I know that, whatever's happens, they will always be on the same team. 

The book starts out with a major plot twist and the twists just keep on coming. Everything was non-stop and I never got bored. Once. This book was read within a day. I even read it on my walking home, to 
the disapproval of my neighbor.

Leigh Bardugo holds my heart in her hands. I read on her biography that she went to Yale, and it is evident to me that she is extremely gifted and talented throughout the story. The book was just so creative and unlike any fantasy I've ever read before. The world-building was unique- it was as if Leigh thought of everything! She deserves a standing ovation for sure!

Everything was done perfectly; I don't have one complaint. The characters were appealing, the writing was beautiful, the plot was entertaining times 10... I have only one thing to say- get this book or miss out!

“I have loved you all my life, Mal," I whispered through my tears. "There is no end to our story.” 





1 comment:

I appreciate all comments!!! It helps let me know that people actually do read my blog. I will reply to all comments, so check back if you would like to see my reply. Thank you for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...