Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ya Book News



Actual Book News

Stephanie Meyer has announced that she's finally writing a sequel to The Host, a ya romance novel that's vastly popular. I haven't read The Host in such a long time that I'm definitely going to have to brush up on it before reading it's sequel. Check out the article here.

Lauren DeStefano is interviewed here and claims to have written several previous novels for adults that were never published. She has no plans on revisiting them which I am grateful for because it means she has a utopian series for young adults in the works. Just in time too as her Chemical Gardens trilogy is wrapping up.

Finally, after a long and intense wait, The Mortal Instruments Series is coming to a conclusion and the last book now has a trailer, which can be viewed here.

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that kick-ass heroines are my favorite thing in the world. Which is why I literally jumped for joy when I discovered that Sarah Larson, a debut author, is writing a novel called Defy about a girl disguised as a boy to become a guard. Not only that but she's a member of a prince's elite guard.

Book To Screen News


As you most likely know, Delirium has been picked up by CW to become a tv series. Excitingly enough, Julien has been cast. Julien will be played by Gregg Sulkin, who I think is perfect for the part. Although that's probably because he plays the part of Ezra's brother in Pretty Little Liars and I associate him with wealth and prestige. Read the article here.

Before I write this, I just want to make it clear that I am a huge fan of the Hunger Games. It's an amazing series and it's fame is one of the reasons that more ya books are being translated to the screen. Anyway, the parody of The Hunger Games now has a trailer, which can be viewed here. I love a good laugh so you can count me in!

The Selection by Kierra Cass has found a lead for it's tv show! Yael Grobglas will now be playing America Singer. I don't know about you, but I am so glad that the Selection finally has a lead so they can start filming as soon as possible. I don't know much about Yael but I think she looks feminine which is a major factor of her character. Read the article here to decide for yourself.







2 comments:

  1. i didn't know there would be a sequel to the host, i can't wait for that ( even though i haven't finished the host yet haha)

    and wow that clockwork princess trailer looks great!, i can't wait to read this series!

    i also LOVE kick ass heroines, and that book sounds really interesting!

    i am sooo freaking excited for the delirium t.v series!, i just.. i can't freaking wait! haha

    and i can't wait to see that parody!, it looks funny, but sometimes they try to hard in parodies

    i didn't know the selection was about the be a t.v series!, now i need to read the book before the t.v series comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know! I am so psyched for all these book (ish) things that are coming! Yeah, they do try too hard often. I saw the one based off of twilight and thought that. To be honest the Selection wasn't the best written book in the world but it was definitely entertaining and I think CW will really bring it to life.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments!!! It helps let me know that people actually do read my blog. I will reply to all comments, so check back if you would like to see my reply. Thank you for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...