The Broke and Bookish about the top ten of almost anything book related. I thought it was a great idea and decided to join in on the fun!
Top Ten Bookish Goals For 2013
This week's topic is Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2013. I think this is a stupendous idea and am very excited to be participating in it. I've already posted my resolutions here but they were for blogging. Which is why I'm glad I get to do bookish goals too. Hopefully by showing them to other people will force me to accomplish my goals.
1) Read at least 150 books. This won't be hard. I probably read a good 250 books or so last year. The hard part will be reviewing them.
2) Get over my fear of contemporaries. I used to be scared of contemporaries, after a few of them turned me off of the genre. Then I read the Summer Trilogy and was hooked. This year I want to dive right in and read at least 50 contemporaries.
3) Complete all my reading challenges.
4) Convince at least 10 people to read some of my favorite books. What can I say, I love helping people discover new things to read.
5) Get my hands on some good books. I want to try and get good deals on books to save money and win books.
6) Figure out when I'm going to post reviews. I have a tentative schedule and am trying to post 3-4 reviews a week.
7) Write reviews as soon as I finish the book. Unless it's a five star book, even a couple days later I feel a lot less for the book I'm trying to review. The tone of my review becomes flat. I think writing reviews right after I finish books is something I need to do.
8) Figure out a way to get money for books. I want to host a lot more giveaways on this blog, I just don't have the money. I need to fix this.
9) Tear myself away from my books, so I can enter the blogging world. I have a hard time putting a book down while I'm in the middle of this. Obviously I need to do this to keep my blog up to date.
10) Don't take the fun out of reading. Just because I'm reviewing books doesn't mean I can't read books I won't enjoy. Most of the reviews I posted so far are based off of books I had fun reading and enjoyed. It doesn't have to be an either/ or situation. However, I should probably make sure I'm having a good time by drinking a steaming mug of hot chocolate or eating a platter of brownies ;)
What do you guys think of my resolutions? What are some of your bookish resolutions? Please leave the links to your bookish resolutions so I can check them out.