Monday, December 17, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted on The Broke and Bookish about the top ten of almost anything book related. I thought it was a great idea and decided to join in on the fun!

 

Top Ten Books I Read in 2012

I didn't know how to answer this. I read so many good books but they were great in their own ways. So I decided to feature a couple books from each sub genre.

 

Dystopian

1) Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver: This book was mind-blowing. A lot of things happened in it and there was a major twist at the end. I am eagerly awaiting it's sequel.


 

 

Fantasy

2) Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: I've never read a book like this before. The characters were well rounded and the story gripping. It was a fantasy like no other.

 

 

Paranormal

3) Endlessly by Kiersten White: A battle of supernatural species may finally come to it's end with Evie as the deciding factor. One of the things I absolutely loved, besides the action, was Evie herself. She was hilarious and I found myself laughing out loud more than a few times.

Contemporary

4) Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: This was a cute but serious novel about second chances. It helped draw me into the contemporary genre.

Sci- Fi

5) Goliath by Scott Westerfeld: I loved all the action in this novel. It was almost non-stop action with a few serious issues thrown into the batter. Think planes mixed with giraffes!t

Steampunk

 

Best Heroine/ Hero

7) Soulbound by Heather Brewer: Kaya is the strongest heroine I've ever had the pleasure of reading about. She never backs down and makes the most of herself despite the circumstances thrown at her.

Chilling Read

8) Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick: This book was a bit scary. Maybe not for other people but it was for me. It is an apocalypse that captivated me from the start and left me yearning for more.

 

Fairy Tale Retelling

9) Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen: This is a retelling of Robin Hood with one major twist: one of the boys in his band is a girl. And she has a secret. It was majorly good!

All- Around Good





10) The Scorpio Races: The Scorpio Races was scary good. The writing was great, the plot unique, and the main character relateable.




I read more than a couple good books this year and hope you guys did too. Please link up in the comments about your TTT or tell me what you read. I'll be sure to read it.        
 

 



5 comments:

  1. I loved Scarlet, it almost made my list this week but I used it in my TTT list last week. Second Chance Summer looks really good! :)Here’s my TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/top-books/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored Second Chance Summer! It's on my list as well. I cried so hard while reading the last few chapters. It's probably one of the best contemporaries I've ever read!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I am looking forward to reading some of them.

    My list

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you have so many books that I need to read. Clockwork Collar, Endlessly, Scarlet and Soulbound! Shadow and Bones is on my list too :) Fantastic book and I can't wait for the next one!

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-10-tuesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe it or not, I haven't read any of those! But the Scorpio Races looks great, so the next time I'm at the bookstore, that'll be the first thing that I look for!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments!!! It helps let me know that people actually do read my blog. I will reply to all comments, so check back if you would like to see my reply. Thank you for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...