Sunday, December 30, 2012

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto


Title: Halo
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
Publisher:  Fiewel & Friends
Release Date: May 8th 2012

My Rating: 2 stars
Pages: 484

 An angel is sent to Earth on a mission.

But falling in love is not part of the plan.



Three angels – Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, the youngest and most human – are sent by Heaven to bring good to a world falling under the influence of darkness. They work hard to conceal their luminous glow, superhuman powers, and, most dangerous of all, their wings, all the while avoiding all human attachments.

Then Bethany meets Xavier Woods, and neither of them is able to resist the attraction between them. Gabriel and Ivy do everything in their power to intervene, but the bond between Xavier and Bethany seems too strong.

The angel’s mission is urgent, and dark forces are threatening. Will love ruin Bethany or save her?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok. I'm going to try to keep this short, simply because I don't want to slam this book. I heard so much hype over this book. Several trusted friends told me it was amazing. I found myself wondering why I hadn't read it yet and went out and got it. Unfortunately, it didn't hold up to this.

This is Alexandra Adornetto's debut novel. She wrote it starting at 14 and it got published when she was eighteen. I'm sorry to say that it shows. The writing was overly simple. It didn't flow right. It wasn't bad exactly but it wasn't good either. It just wasn't what I expected.

The plot in general was good. Angels sent down to better the world? Tell me more. But the details started to fall apart. Things were contradicted. There were tiny holes at the seams.

Bethany was... well, she put herself and her fellow angels at stake for a boy she didn't even know. I'm sorry but I can't respect someone like that. As for the boy? He had apparently gone through a lot but it didn't seem to affect him much. The unfeeling angels? Got happy, mad, sad etc. So I don't understand why Bethany said they didn't really have emotions.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't read it. Who knows? You might read it and love it. After all, it has a 3.8 out of 5 stars average rating on Goodreads. Many people did like it. So if you're into paranormal reads or angels give it a try. It just wasn't for me.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, this is her fourth novel. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you're kidding me! Yikes I'm so sorry for the mistake. It is her fourth novel.

      Delete

I appreciate all comments!!! It helps let me know that people actually do read my blog. I will reply to all comments, so check back if you would like to see my reply. Thank you for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...